The 34th Illawarra Folk Festival is to be held at Bulli Showground from 17-20 January 2019.
The festival will feature over 160 acts, more than 500 performances by national and local artists, dancers, poets, storytellers and street artists. It will attract visitors from near and far including many who have not been to the area before.
There will be 11 venues of varying sizes including a children’s stage. Attendance over the 4 days is conservatively estimated at 11,000 adults – children are free.
We seek involvement by companies and organisations who will support the festival and who will gain from the exposure of being involved with this signature event. There are a variety of sponsorship packages available, from major naming rights to Friends of the Festival.
2018 Festival Supporters
Key points about the running of the Festival
The festival is run by a voluntary committee of 40 persons from the Illawarra Folk Club. The number of volunteers swells to over 350 during the festival. The festival (and associated fringe events) provides a unique opportunity to celebrate our regional and Australian culture, heritage and ever developing traditions in an enjoyable and social manner. Through sponsorship, we are able to maintain reasonable ticket prices and attract more people to the festival.
The Illawarra Folk Club, presenter of the Illawarra Folk Festival, believes that Illawarra regional businesses can achieve real benefits from involvement including:
- Increasing visitation to the region which has benefits for all businesses,
- Providing a real and ongoing focus for summer holiday activities in the region,
- Developing a strong image of involvement with the local community,
- Gaining respect and credibility as a good corporate citizen that supports community celebrations,
- Providing an opportunity for joint marketing of the company’s products or services,
- Advertising the company to a wide variety of visitors,
- Promote the organisation and encourage goodwill, through distribution of complementary tickets to their staff and clients.
David De Santi – Artistic Director / Marketing firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 0409 57 1788