The following prices apply for the upgrading of artists and families who have been provided day tickets as part of their performance engagement. The link for purchasing these upgrades will be provided shortly.
Performer Ticket Upgrades
- Adult Day Performer Upgrade to 4 Day (with or without camping) – $60 ( normal price $220+ )
- Youth Day Performer Upgrade to 4 Day (with or without camping) – $35 ( normal price $65+)
4 Day Performer Family Tickets
- Partner 4 Day Adult Performer (with or without camping ) – $60 ( normal price $220+)
- Son/Daughter (12-18) of Adult Performer (with or without camping) – $25 ($65)
- Children (U/12) of Adult Performer or Sibling (U/12) of Youth Performer – Free
Performer Family 1 Day Tickets + Family Upgrades
- Performer Partner Day Ticket – $40 (normal price $85 Fri / $95 Sat / $85 Sun)
- Performer child (12-17yrs) Day Ticket – $15 (normal price $40)
- Parent of Day Youth Performer – Free (limit one)
- Additional Parent of Day Youth Performer – $40 ( limit one )
- Partner of Day Performer to 4Day (with or without camping) – $60 ( normal price $220+)
Please note the following Artists Registration Office times for registration and arrival:
Wednesday: 4pm to 8pm
Thursday: 11am to 10.30pm
Friday: 7.30am to 11pm
Saturday: 7.30am to 11pm
Sunday: 7.30am to 4pm
- Artists accept responsibility for their own Public Liability Insurance. When performing, you are a Festival service provider and as such, are not covered by the Festival’s public liability insurance. We suggest investigating insurance options with Folk Alliance Australia, see www.folkalliance.org.au and follow the links to ‘insurance’. You need to be or become a member of Folk Alliance Australia.
- Artists also accept all responsibility for their Tax Obligations, Superannuation and WorkCover requirements.
- Artists are to provide their own equipment such as guitar amps and drum kits. (Peace drum kits are available for use at the Slacky Flat Bar Stage and Black Diamond Marquee Stage. Please advise David (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to use them. Drummers will need to bring their own cymbals and sticks.
- Artists are responsible for their meals and drinks. Water will be provided at stages.
There is lots of free parking on-site and designated for performers near to the venues. Just ask the volunteers to direct you or ask at the Festival Office. Please park inside the showground for your security and for a lesser impact on our neighbours.
To help pay for the festival we run a major raffle. Any CD or merchandise donations would be greatly appreciated and can be dropped off at the Merchandise Shop.
Site buses are there to assist for any purpose associated with the Festival. Buses operate in the Bulli vicinity for specific purposes. If you need a bus – ASK!
- Wednesday: 7:30am-7pm
- Thursday: 7am-7pm
- Friday: 7am-10pm
- Saturday: 7am-12am
- Sunday: 7am-7pm
DURING the Festival days above, contact a driver at the site bus station to arrange it. Otherwise call 0452634142 to discuss or book it. BEFORE the Festival, email email@example.com
We do not provide general transport to the festival, however please see our helpful Getting Here section for further information.
From Sydney Airport you have these options:
- Catch a train CLICK HERE Adults is $24.90. Travel time is about 2 hours, You may have to change trains at Thirroul to get to Bulli Station. Then it’s about 5 to 10 minute walk to the festival site. If you have a lot of gear then call David on 04095 1788 and we’ll see if we can get you transport.
- Hire a car. One of the cheaper ones is East Coast Car Rentals. (You can get a Corolla for about $40 per day!).
- Arrange an Airport Transfer. Call Leisure Coast Limousine Service – tel: 02 4261 7393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address for the festival site is Bulli Showground, Princes Highway, Bulli off Quikley Place.
The instrument lockup in located in the Dog Kennels near the Global Green and runs 9.00am – 10pm on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is not a 24 hour service so if you want to session late at night collect your instrument before 10pm!
We’d encourage you to join the Illawarra Folk Club if you are a local and not a member yet. It’s a great way to keep in touch with festival news, fringe & Folk Club events all year round. Click here for more info!
You are more than welcome to sell your product as long as it is off-stage and not in the way of performances. We also have a Merchandise Shop run by our volunteers where you can consign CDs and DVDs. The festival takes a 15% commission and payments will be made via direct deposit, so please bring your bank details with you.
The Merchandise Shop will be open for product consignment as follows:
- Thursday: 4pm to 8pm
- Friday: 9am to 8pm
- Saturday: 9am to 8pm
Merchandise can be picked up between 9am – 5pm Sunday, but please ensure you leave plenty of time as the Merchandise Shop will be busy busy busy!
We will provide camping sites only if they are pre-booked. Please do not turn up on the day and ask for a campsite. The festival is now at capacity so we need to plan all camping sites!
If you are receiving a fee, please provide a Tax Invoice with your ABN and GST (if applicable) either when you arrive and register or by sending it to us prior to the festival. Please remember – No Invoice, No Payment.
Send to Peter Davis, PO Box 5289, Wollongong, NSW, 2500 or email to email@example.com
- All performers must report to their specified venue and find the Venue Manager at least half an hour prior to performance to enable sound checks and stage setup to be completed.
- Please be conscious of finishing on time so you don’t eat into the next performer’s time.
- If you take longer than available to set up then it comes out of performance time.
- The venue manager / MC will give you a 10 minute call to finish in general.
- Many gigs have set-up time provided separately while others particularly in the smaller venues and theme concerts do not.
- In general there are NO encores – promote the next time you are playing or your CD!
- Water will be provided at venues. Please advise the Venue Manager if supplies run-out.
- The Festival organisers reserve the discretionary right to change the venue or time of performance for appropriate circumstances.
- Sessions are in the Grandstand Bar downstairs or upstairs in the Restaurant till late at night.
- Please do not session past 10pm in outside areas as a courtesy to fellow campers and the residents.
- Please patronise the Festival Bar as any support provided through these venues, helps the Festival to survive.
- Blackboard Concerts are primarily for non-Festival acts so the MCs will preference these acts before booked acts.
- Join the Festival Choir or the Parade Band or both!
- The Festival is a waste wise recycling event so please do the right thing with your garbage and recycle where you can.
As a booked artist, your first job/privilege/courtesy is to tell the world you are playing at the Illawarra Folk Festival at Bulli, 18 – 21 January 2018!
Tell them it’s a huge party, great fun and terrific for their ears, feet and soul. Our festival is great for families, and a huge range of music and performances can be experienced here. Most of all, you’ll find it’s one of the friendliest festivals you’ll ever attend!
Please use every opportunity to help promote the festival by mentioning at your gigs, on your website, Facebook, Reverbnation, Myspace, Twitter and to family and friends. For pictures, widgets and more, go to our Media Resources section.
When you arrive at the main entrance go to the Artists Registration area adjacent to the Festival Office at the entry to the Bulli Showground. You will be wristbanded once your pass is validated and given any final instructions or programme changes. Please note that only partners that have been notified to us before the festival will recieve discounted tickets. Please do not turn up and ask for passes that have not been previously arranged.
Please collect APRA forms and fill them in for each performance and return them to the Festival Office.
If you have registered as a Volunteer then please check into the Volunteer Registration to recieve final instructions.
We actively encourage sessions. Please keep late night sessions (after 10pm) inside the Grandstand Bar area or the upstairs Restaurant area. There are many campers to consider so please don’t session outside after 10pm.
Please fill-in an online performer set-up sheet and return to us by ASAP to allow us time to arrange information for each of the venues you are performing at. Click here to go to the form.
If you wish to request Backline – bass amp, guitar amp or basic drum kit please go to this form.
- Ambulance, Police, Fire: 000
- Radio Doctors 02 4228 5522
- Bulli Hospital: 02 4284 4344
- Wollongong Hospital: 02 4222 5000
- NRMA Roadside Assistance for vehicle breakdown: 13 1111
- Taxi: 02 4229 9311
- City Rail Train Times: 131 500
- Festival Information: 1300 887 034
The festival is run entirely by volunteers, so if you can spare a couple of hours over the weekend even to just MC, it would be greatly appreciated. For more details click here.
- Performer Ticket Upgrade and Family Passes
- APRA Performance Statement
- Artist Registration Office Opening Hours
- Festival Raffle – CD Donation Please
- Festival Site Buses
- Getting to the Festival
- Instrument Lockup
- Join The Illawarra Folk Club
- Merchandise Sales
- On-site Camping
- Performance Etiquette And Conditions
- Please Participate!
- Promoting the Festival
- Stage Set-Up Forms & Backline Request
- Useful Telephone Numbers