Code of Conduct
As a volunteer at the Illawarra Folk Festival, we contribute to the success of the festival by:
- Exhibiting at all times a positive and friendly approach with the purpose of ensuring festival attendees and volunteers have an enjoyable and memorable experience;
- Promoting the festival at all times as a fun, interesting and diverse event;
- Acknowledging the importance of our individual contributions to the total effort involved in providing a happy and comfortable, yet safe and structured environment;
- Always demonstrating the volunteer ethic by being mindful of situations requiring attention or resolution. This may involve alerting the delegated control points (injury, illness, missing armbands, unacceptable behaviour) or resolving the issue on the spot (ad hoc rubbish removal);
- Respecting and assisting each other to the best of our ability;
- Respecting all people we come in contact with regardless of their race, religion, colour or age;
- Be aware of any issues that may cause problems and report to the Shift Manager;
- Following OH&S practices and policies;
- Ensuring we are not under the effects of drugs or alcohol while volunteering.
Terms of Agreement
- I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- I agree to carry out my volunteer tasks according to the rostered hours.
- I agree to contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator as early as possible if circumstances prevent my being able to undertake volunteering at the festival.
- I agree to contact my team leader as early as possible if circumstances prevent my commencing a shift
- I agree not to talk to the media or make public comments whilst fulfilling my volunteer role.
- If I breach the Code of Conduct, I acknowledge I may be relieved of my duties and escorted from the site. Such conduct may also result in denial of future volunteer applications.