Youth Ticketing and Camping Policy
To ensure a proper level of security and safety for all attending the festival, particularly those who are under 18, we have introduced a Youth Policy which forms part of our Conditions of Entry for both the event and camping areas. This policy is in keeping with several other festivals around the country.
- All minors aged 18 and under must be accompanied by a ‘responsible adult’ at the entry gates, (or they may be refused entry) and at all times whilst at the festival or camping areas.
- Children aged 12 and under are admitted free and must be accompanied by a responsible adult at the entry gates and at all times whilst at the festival or camping areas. Those aged 12 or older must buy a ticket.
- It is the responsibility of the responsible adult to ensure that all youth patrons accompanying them comply with instructions issued by festival staff and/or contained in all permanent and temporary signage throughout the festival site.
- Patrons under the age of 18 must not engage in any illegal or disruptive activities whilst on site. This includes underage drinking, use of illicit substances or any generally disruptive behaviour.
- The responsible adult must be contactable by mobile phone at the festival.
- Youth patrons and their responsible adult(s) are required to camp together.
- Any campsite disruptions, in breach of the Terms and Conditions and/or Festival Etiquette (see below) will result in the immediate eviction of those involved.
- Any campsite disruptions, in breach of the Terms and Conditions and/or Festival Etiquette by either youth patrons or their responsible adult(s) will result in the immediate eviction of all associated youth and guardian(s) from the festival site.
- Zero tolerance will apply to disruptive or disrespectful behaviour within the camping areas. No warnings will be issued.
A ‘responsible adult’ means a person over 25 years of age and either a parent, step-parent, spouse, de facto partner, legal guardian or any other person in loco parentis to the minor. A person in loco parentis must be able to fulfill the normal functions of a parent concerning supervision of a minor(s). An older brother or sister or friend of the minor(s) is not necessarily considered a ‘responsible adult’.
Terms of Entry
Any breach of the Terms and Conditions or Festival Etiquette or involvement in illegal activities anywhere on site will result in the immediate eviction of those involved.
- Any breach of Terms and Conditions or Festival Etiquette or involvement in illegal activities anywhere on site, by either youth patrons or their guardians, will result in immediate eviction of all associated youth and their responsible adult(s) from the festival site. This means that if a youth breaches the conditions of entry then the guardian of that youth will be evicted along with all other associated youth patrons. No warnings will be issued.
- In the event of eviction from the festival site no refunds will be given.
- In the event of eviction from the festival site no re-purchase of festival tickets will be allowed.
- All festival visitors must be mindful of their surroundings. Loud and/or intoxicated or intimidating behaviour will not be tolerated anywhere on the festival grounds.
- All festival visitors must be respectful of others and their property and must not interfere with, damage or cause harm to any other visitor or their property.
- All campers must be respectful and considerate of their neighbours.
- All campers must respect fellow campers and their property, the campground amenities and natural surroundings. Disruptive behaviour, vandalism, damaging of the property of others, or harming of any vegetation or wildlife on the festival site will not be tolerated.
- From 10pm onwards, noise in all camping areas must be kept to a minimum. Festival venues are provided for late night jam sessions and frivolity.